Number Plate Recognition, and Security Applications
Many security and surveillance applications require recognition of vehicle license plates. This project developed a flexible testbed that can be used to test and develop a range of techniques in a modular manner. Related projects used this information within a petrol station forecourt for manipulating the camera and monitoring vehicle movement.
- Donald Bailey (Project Leader)
- Craig Holdaway (FYP: 2002) "Vehicle Tracking for Forecourt Monitoringr"
- David Irecki (FYP: 2001) "Vehicle Registration Plate Localisation and Recognition"
- Pratik Das (FYP: 2000)
"Surveillance Camera Control using Coordinates Provided by Digital
- C.A. Holdaway, D.G. Bailey, "Tracking Vehicles on a Petrol Station Forecourt using Image Processing Techniques", Projects Journal, 11: 80-85 (2002).
- D.G. Bailey, D. Irecki, B.K. Lim, L.Yang, "Test Bed for Number Plate Recognition Applications", Proceedings of the IEEE International Workshop on Electronic Design, Test, and Applications, Christchurch, pp 501-503 (January 2002).
- D. Irecki, D.G. Bailey, "Vehicle Registration Plate Localisation and Recognition", Proceedings of the Electronics New Zealand Conference, ENZCon'01, New Plymouth, pp 41-46 (October 2001).