Robot soccer has become increasingly popular platform for multi-agent collaborative systems research. We are researching a range of vision, communication, and control techniques that may be utilised to enhance the performance of soccer playing robots.
- Gourab Sen Gupta (Project Leader)
- Donald Bailey
- Miguel Contreras (ME: 2012-2016)
- Bram Bicknese (Intern: 2012) "Implementation of Smart-Camera Self-Calibration for Robot Soccer using Handel-C"
- Miguel Contreras (FYP: 2012) "FPGA Based Smart Camera for Robot Soccer"
- Sam Beardman (FYP: 2006) "Vision Optimisations for Robot Soccer"
- Neil White (FYP: 2004) "Real Time Image Segmentation for the Robot Soccer"
- Jonathan Seal (2003-2004)
- Bevan Young (FYP: 2003) "Real Time Automated Player Tracking using Colour Identification"
- D. Bailey, M. Contreras, and G. Sen Gupta, "Towards automatic colour segmentation for robot soccer", in International Conference on Automation, Robotics and Applications (ICARA), Queenstown, NZ, 478-483 (17-19 February, 2015).
- M. Contreras, D.G. Bailey, and G. Sen Gupta, "Techniques for designing an FPGA-based intelligent camera for robots", in 3rd International Conference on Robot Intelligence, Techniques, and Applications (RiTA 2014), Beijing, China, Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing, AISC 345: 633-646 (6-8 November, 2014).
- M. Contreras, D. Bailey, and G. Sen Gupta, "Robot identification using shape features on an FPGA-based smart camera", in Image and Vision Computing New Zealand (ICVNZ), Hamilton, NZ, 294-299 (19-21 November, 2014).
- M. Contreras, D.G. Bailey, and G. Sen Gupta, "FPGA implementation of global vision for robot soccer as a smart camera", in 2nd International Conference on Robot Intelligence Technology and Applications, Denver, Colorado, USA, Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing, 274: 657-665 (18-20 December, 2013).
- D. Bailey, G. Sen Gupta and M. Contreras, "Intelligent camera for object identification and tracking", in 1st International Conference on Robot Intelligence Technology and Applications, Gwangju, Korea, (16-18 December, 2012).
- D.G. Bailey and G. Sen Gupta, "Automated camera calibration for robot soccer", in Robotic Soccer, V. Papic, Editor. In-Tech: Vukovar, Croatia, 311-336 (2010).
- G. Sen Gupta and D. Bailey, "Fast image capture and vision processing for robotic applications", in Sensors: Advancements in Modeling, Design Issues, Fabrication and Practical Applications, S.C. Mukhopadhyay and R.Y.M. Huang, Editors. Springer Verlag, LNEE 21: 329-352 (2008).
- D. Bailey and G. Sen Gupta, "Automatic estimation of camera position in robot soccer", in 2008 International Machine Vision and Image Processing Conference (IMVIP2008), Portrush, Northern Ireland, 91-96 (3-5 September, 2008).
- G. Sen Gupta and D. Bailey, "Discrete YUV Look-Up Tables For Fast Colour Segmentation for Robotic Applications", in IEEE Canadian Conference on Electrical and Computer Engineering (CCECE 2008), Niagara Falls, Canada, 963-968 (May 4-7, 2008)
- S. Beardman, D. Bailey, and G.S. Gupta, "Robot Soccer Vision System Optimisation", Projects Journal, 15: 1-6 (2006).
- G. Sen Gupta, C.H. Messom, S. Demidenko, "State Transition based (STB) role assignment
and behaviour programming in collaborative robotics", Proceedings of the 2nd International
Conference on Autonomous Robots and Agents, Palmerston North,
New Zealand, pp 385-390 (December 2004)
- D. Bailey, G. Sen Gupta, "Error assessment of robot soccer imaging system", Proceedings Image and Vision Computing New Zealand 2004, Christchurch, New Zealand, pp 119-124 (November 2004)
- G. Sen Gupta, D. Bailey, "A new colour-space for efficient and robust segmentation", Proceedings Image and Vision Computing New Zealand 2004, Christchurch, New Zealand, pp 315-320 (November 2004)
- J. Seal, G. Sen Gupta, G. Barnes, C. Messom, "Post-match analysis program for robot soccer", Proceedings of Eleventh Electronics New Zealand Conference, ENZCon'04, Palmerston North, New Zealand, pp 39-43 (November 2004)
- C. Messom, D Carnegie, P. Xu, S Demidenko, D Bailey, "Robotic Competitions: Motivation for Engineering Programmes", Proceedings of the ninth Electronics New Zealand Conference, ENZCon'02, Dunedin, pp 55-60 (November 2002).