Characterisation and correction of lens and perspective
Inexpensive cameras and lenses frequently introduce
distortion into images. This is particularly noticeable with wide angle
lenses. When making measurements from such distorted images, it is
important to characterize and correct for such distortions. This
research is investigating rapid and efficient methods of estimating the
- Donald Bailey (Project Leader)
- Chris Johnston (FYP: 2003) "A Real-Rime FPGA
Implementation of Barrel Distortion Correction Algorithm"
- M. Cameron, L. Tang, and D. Bailey, "Invision calibration system", Projects Journal, 17: 13-18 (2008).
- D.G. Bailey, J. Seal, and G. Sen Gupta, "Validation of a Catadioptric Stereo System", in The 3rd International Conference on Autonomous Robots and Agents (ICARA), Palmerston North, NZ, 539-545 (12-14 December, 2006).
- D.G. Bailey, J.R. Seal, G. Sen Gupta, "Nonparametric Calibration for Catadioptric Stereo", Image and Vision Computing New Zealand, Dunedin, pp 404-409 (28-29 November, 2005)
- D. Bailey, G. Sen Gupta, "Error assessment of robot soccer imaging system", Proceedings Image and Vision Computing New Zealand 2004, Akaroa, New Zealand, pp 119-124 (November 2004)
- K.T. Gribbon, D.G. Bailey, "A Novel Approach to Real Time Bilinear Interpolation", Proceedings of the IEEE International Workshop on Electronic Design, Test, and Applications, Perth, Australia, pp 126-131 (January 2004).
- C.T. Johnston, D.G. Bailey, "A Real-time FPGA Implementation of a Barrel Distortion Correction Algorithm", Projects Journal, 12: 91-96 (2003)
- K.T. Gribbon, C.T. Johnston, D.G. Bailey, "A Real-time FPGA Implementation of a Barrel Distortion Correction Algorithm with Bilinear Interpolation", Proceedings of Image and Vision Computing New Zealand, Palmerston North, New Zealand, pp 408-413 (November 2003).
- D.G Bailey, "A new approach to Lens Distortion Correction", Proceedings of Image and Vision Computing New Zealand, Auckland, New Zealand, pp 59-64 (November 2002).
- D.G. Bailey, "Pixel Calibration Techniques", Proceedings of the New Zealand Image and Vision Computing '95 Workshop, Lincoln, pp 37-42 (August 1995)