Robot Vision Systems
Robotic control systems, either autonomous or remotely
controlled, require some form of vision system to gather information
about the environment for their control. This project is investigating
a range of vision systems and architectures that may be used for this
- Gourab Sen Gupta
- Donald Bailey
- Liqiong Tang
- Matthieu Jones (ME: 2012-2013) "Real time pipe inspection robot prototype development"
- Matthieu Jones (FYP: 2011) "Pipe Inspection Robot"
- Yu Wua Wong (FYP: 2007) "Vision System for a Guide Robot"
- Jonathan Seal (FYP: 2005) "Single Camera Stereo Vision"
- Ryan Weir (ME: 2005-2007) "Integrated Sensor and Controller Framework"
- L. Tang, D. Bailey, and M. Jones, "Rolling prevention mechanism for underground pipe erosion inspection robot with real time vision system", International Journal of Intelligent Mechatronics and Robotics, 3:(3) 60-76 (2013).
- M. Jones, D. Bailey, and L. Tang, "Prototype of high speed pipe inspection robot", in Mechatronics and Machine Vision in Practice, Auckland, New Zealand, 180-185 (28-30 November, 2012).
- M. Jones, D. Bailey, and L. Tang, "Vision system and calibration for pipe inspection", in Mechatronics and Machine Vision in Practice, Auckland, New Zealand, 186-190 (28-30 November, 2012).
- Sen Gupta, G., Seelye, M., Seelye, J. and Bailey, D. (2012) "Autonomous anthromorphic robotic system with low-cost colour sensors to monitor plant growth in a laboratory", in Robotic Systems - Application, Control and Programming, A. Dutta, Editor. In-Tech, pp 139-158.
- D.G. Bailey and G. Sen Gupta, "Automated camera calibration for robot soccer", in Robotic Soccer, V. Papic, Editor. In-Tech: Vukovar, Croatia, 311-336 (2010).
- D. Bailey and C.S. Bouganis, "Reconfigurable foveated active vision system", in International Conference on Sensing Technology, Tainan, Taiwan, 162-169 (30 November - 3 December, 2008).
- G. Sen Gupta and D. Bailey, "Fast image capture and vision processing for robotic applications", in Sensors: Advancements in Modeling, Design Issues, Fabrication and Practical Applications, S.C. Mukhopadhyay and R.Y.M. Huang, Editors. Springer Verlag, LNEE 21: 329-352 (2008).
- G. Sen Gupta and D. Bailey, "Discrete YUV Look-Up Tables For Fast Colour Segmentation for Robotic Applications", in IEEE Canadian Conference on Electrical and Computer Engineering (CCECE 2008), Niagara Falls, Canada, 963-968 (May 4-7, 2008)
- D. Bailey, Y.W. Wong, and L. Tang, "Hierarchical fuzzy state controller for robot vision", in Robot Vision, Auckland, NZ, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, 4931, pp 391-402 (18-20 February, 2008).
- Y.W. Wong, L. Tang, and D. Bailey, "Vision System for a Guide Robot", in 4th International Conference on Computational Intelligence Robotics and Autonomous Systems (CIRAS'07), Palmerston North, pp 337-341 (28-30 November, 2007).
- R.D. Weir, G. Sen Gupta, and D.G. Bailey, "Implementation of a framework to integrate sensors and controllers", International Journal of Intelligent Systems Technologies and Applications, 3:(1/2) 4-19 (2007).
- D.G. Bailey, J. Seal, and G. Sen Gupta, "Validation of a Catadioptric Stereo System", in The 3rd International Conference on Autonomous Robots and Agents (ICARA), Palmerston North, NZ, 539-545 (12-14 December, 2006).
- Jonathan R. Seal, Donald G. Bailey, Gourab Sen Gupta, "Depth Perception with a Single Camera", Projects Journal, 14, pp 111-117 (2005)
- D.G. Bailey, J.R. Seal, G. Sen Gupta, "Nonparametric Calibration for Catadioptric Stereo", Image and Vision Computing New Zealand, Dunedin, pp 404-409 (28-29 November, 2005)
- Jonathan R. Seal, Donald G. Bailey, Gourab Sen Gupta, "Depth Perception with a single camera", International Conference on Sensing Technology, Palmerston North, pp 96-101 (21-23 November 2005)
- R.D. Weir, G. Sen Gupta, D.G. Bailey, "Integrated Sensor and Controller Architecture", International Conference on Sensing Technology, Palmerston North, pp 505-510 (21-23 November 2005)
- D. Bailey, G. Sen Gupta, "Error assessment of robot soccer imaging system", Proceedings Image and Vision Computing New Zealand 2004, Akaroa, New Zealand, pp 119-124 (November 2004)